Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Predection

This is a tough one. I would call myself a Pittsburgh fan. I like them. Its hard not to be a fan after living there.

First things first, we will see both teams boasting an above average running game, that will be tested. As mentioned prior to the last game, Green Bay has been able to remain consistent with their running game regardless of the fact that they have lost starter Ryan Grant. Pittsburgh's "Rush"ard Mendenhall has been able to really get it going during the playoffs.
Both Green Bay and Pittsburgh have respectable and solid defenses. I think both D-Lines have playmakers, and they both possess linebacking corps that are devastating. Overall, I like Green Bay's defense better, for one reason: the secondary. Pittsburgh has big, strong and physical corners, but I wouldn't pick either one of those fellows to start on my team. With the talented veteran receivers that the Green Bay has, I expect these sub-par corners and the sub-par secondary to to be exploited and become victims of the Lambeau Leap on at least a couple of occasions... (I know they are playing in Arlington) True enough, Defensive Player of the Year, Troy Polamalu anchors the Steeler secondary and is a major part in the Steel Curtain, but he is a gambler. He knows you have to play big to win big, I have seen him bet big and come up empty handed many of times; on the other hand, I have also seen him make game-changing plays... Its either hit or miss with this guy, and he does miss... A LOT. Green Bay has a veteran in Charles Woodson, who came up short in his last Super Bowl outing. I expect him to have the "honor" of going against Hinds Ward for the majority of the game. Should be fun to watch.

Finally we get to the most important position in the game, Quarterback

Advantage----> Green Bay

What? Yes, GB... Big Ben has two Super Bowl rings compared to Aaron Rodgers' zero. However, I believe Aaron Rodgers will serve as an "X-Factor" This just really seems to be his year. He showed in the NFC championship game, his determination and will to stay alive. When teams cover his receivers well, he has the ability to scamper out of the pocket and outrun linebackers for the first down. Furthermore, after throwing an interception in the NFC finale, he ran down Brian Urlacher to prevent a pick-6. This guy wants to win.

In short, Pittsburgh fan, or not, I think Green Bay will get it done.

You guys have fun, be smart, be safe and remember:

Go Pack, Go!!!

Samson X

1 comment:

  1. I have to disagree. The Packers have a great team and are going into the game with a ton of momentum but the Steelers are on another level right now. Have we forgotten the 14 point second half deficit they overcame against the Ravens??? Steelers take this one.

    ReplyDelete