Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hat Tricks in Soccer?!?

So who is Jermain Defoe? Have you ever heard of him? I doubt it. I'm going to let you in on a little known fact. Last Sunday Jermain Defoe, the Tottenham's striker, added his name to the history books as he knocked in five goals over Wigan, winning 9-1. This tied Manchester United's league record for goals by a player in a single game. Not only did Defoe have five goals but he also managed to turned a hat trick between the 51st and 58th minutes of the game. No, that is not a typo. One player had three goals in a span of seven minutes. This story got about three seconds of notoriety on ESPN, which I found to be slightly ridiculous. Come on, the guy scored five goals and his team accumulated nine points. Am I the only one that found this to be a big deal?

For some reason I have a feeling I will never hear about Jermain Defoe again, so today on Thanksgiving, I salute you Jermain.

No comments:

Post a Comment